Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inyo Pump "Sale"

1. Back To Top    #1

Inyo Pump "Sale"

Got a notification from Inyo of some variable speed pumps on clearance. The prices seem pretty good, I was wondering if anyone had any experience good or bad to share regarding the Raypak PS165VSP. Price is $490 right now and I was thinking of jumping on it for my build next year. They also have a couple of PureLine VS pumps ranging from $400 to $600, thoughts?
    Coming Spring 2017
    IG Vinyl, 18 x 36 25k gal, spill over spa...rest is TBD

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inyo Pump "Sale"

I suppose it's possible that the pump choice might change between now and your build. If you're using a builder, they get good pricing, and might be able to include a good pump for similar cost. Seems to me there's a few unknowns that might shift it in favor of waiting. Just my 2 cents and a bump for your thread.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Nginerd View Post
    Got a notification from Inyo of some variable speed pumps on clearance. The prices seem pretty good, I was wondering if anyone had any experience good or bad to share regarding the Raypak PS165VSP. Price is $490 right now and I was thinking of jumping on it for my build next year. They also have a couple of PureLine VS pumps ranging from $400 to $600, thoughts?
    Hi neighbour!

Sorry, I don't have experience with either pump. But I do have experience with murphy's law and things going wrong when you least expect it or want them to.

Just based on being able to run to a local pool supply store and get an o-ring when I need it, I would personally go with Hayward or Pentair pumps. If you are someone that plans for things to go wrong and stockpiles extras, great, go with whatever you like that fits your budget.

Just my two cents
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Karan, that's a good point. I take it parts for those brands are not typically stocked?

If you're using a builder, they get good pricing, and might be able to include a good pump for similar cost
    This is an O/B DIY build, there's a link to my build thread in my signature. I guess besides an opinion on the brands I'm also looking for an opinion on how good the prices actually are. Do these deals come around often?
    Coming Spring 2017
    IG Vinyl, 18 x 36 25k gal, spill over spa...rest is TBD