cyclone filter DIY

SHADEZ

Jul 10, 2011
I have been trying to think of a way to make a diy cyclone filter or prefilter preferably for my in-ground pool because the multi cyclone is 400 bucks. to steep for me at the moment. So I have been consider using a cheap cyclone dust collector with a 5 gallon bucket. But these are made for air filtration. I may need a new additional hp pump. Any advice or direction toward someone that has already done this is appreciated.

Side note, I have been looking for a water pressure gauge that alerts\notifies when a set pressure has been hit. I have not been able to find any for a pool filter.

Chris
T.I.A.

I use this one on my suction side cleaner, it works great but it's designed to sit in the water, it is not perfectly sealed so air can get in if it comes out of the water.. Amazon.com : Zodiac Cyclonic Automatic Pool Cleaner Leaf Catcher Canister : Patio, Lawn Garden

You can see it here, it is not very big but it does help very much..
Fn1wWsEh.jpg

You could try Murphy gauges they have built in electric contacts that will trigger and alarm or light if you were to wire it up that way. The one you are looking for is a differential pressure gauge as this one is set to alarm on rising pressure. You often find these gauges on marine engines.
http://www.fwmurphy.com/uploaded/documents/pdfs/96014.pdf

Another option is a pressure transducer and some relays/controller board but that's not a cheap option.

I'm considering doing a DIY solar hot water for my pool but it seems costly for irrigation tubes and even more for evac tubes. The evac tubes I seem to read that they break easy and irrigation tubes may leach more toxic chems into the pool and i do not want to use metal collectors cause i already have to much metal in the pool as is. Can someone suggest the best tube i should use as to not make my water more toxic by trying it this way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.