Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where do you store your Pool Cleaner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where do you store your Pool Cleaner?

Hi All:
    Just bought a new pool cleaner (robotic one..Aquabot Elite). Anyway, I want to keep it in as good a shape as possible so I roll it outside and back inside my basement every time I use it. I am thinking a vertical deck box cabinet would be perfect to keep it near the pool. So, wondering what you all do? Thanks.
    Trish

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where do you store your Pool Cleaner?

Turn me into the authorities, I keep mine in the pea gravel next to the pool! haha! It's happiest underwater, so I don't figure a little weather is going to hurt it.
    24', Above-ground vinyl, 14,000 gallon, 1HP 2-speed Jacuzzi Magnetek pump, Jacuzzi Brothers CFR75 cartridge filter, Tork EW103B timer, Hayward 100ID gas heater, Junior Pool rover T robot

3. Back To Top    #3

I keep mine in my shed. I only use it Saturday mornings for about three hours let it sit a couple of hours in the sun to dry and then put it back. I believe leaving it out in the weather will make it deteriorate quicker. I have a zodiac mx-8 and I'm afraid that the sun will dry up all the plastic and make it brittle, specially the hoses.
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I keep Mr. Robot, my Dolphin m500, in the garage and wheel it out (it sits on a caddy). I let it dry before putting it back in the garage.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Mine stays in the pool.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have a large deck box next to the equipment pad. I just put a couple small 2 x 4's on the bottom to elevate the robot without crushing the rollers. Since its ten feet or less from the pool, no need for a caddy.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

7. Back To Top    #7

We use ours 1-2x a week and bring it in between uses. I think the same as you that the heat and weather exposure will degrade it quickly and want to protect our investment!

12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater
    8/2015 pool build photos TFT-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Mine stays in the pool.
    Given that it's meant to stay in the pool you aren't really storing it.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

9. Back To Top    #9

I keep my dolphin m200 in the mud room on its side nice clean and dry!
    32x16 inground chlorine. 23000 gallon with diving board
    vinyl liner 1hp hayward super pump. Waterway sand filter new in 2014.
    maytronics dolphin m200 robot. I live in central NY.
    TF100 kit Taylor speedstir. Sonos audio

10. Back To Top    #10

Keep Robocop Dolphin s300i on its caddy on covered patio next to pool. I have to use it almost daily due to lots of trees. I clean it, let it dry then cover it with a trash bag
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

11. Back To Top    #11

I built my Dolphin a little bed in the garage. I use it, clean it and the filters and let dry, then put him to bed until next use. I have a 2x6 block under it so it doesn't sit on the rollers or tracks.

Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by kywildcats View Post
    I built my Dolphin a little bed in the garage. I use it, clean it and the filters and let dry, then put him to bed until next use. I have a 2x6 block under it so it doesn't sit on the rollers or tracks.

Well that's awfully fancy. Looks great, actually. I guess I won't complain. I have a caddy and roll it into the basement (which isn't far). I have no leaves but lots of dirt at the bottom of the pool due to the ridiculous winds we get. I have farmland on the back and sides of me, so it is a daily chore. I will keep rolling it up and back.

13. Back To Top    #13

My Polaris 280 lives in the pool unless I have a party and take it out.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks for the pic, tricializ! I like that. I don't have a caddy and need something similar!

15. Back To Top    #15

Garage in it's caddy. I'm OCD about not leaving it in the pool and sun.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir

16. Back To Top    #16

Mine is stored near the pool on its caddy....then covered with a vertical smoker grill cover. This is when it's out of the pool...sometimes it's in the pool for 3-4 days at a time.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

17. Back To Top    #17

I leave mine under the back porch. I does get a little of sun in the afternoon, but it's been ok.