Replacing Hayward DE Filter

Hi. I need to replace my Hayward DE Filter. I currently have a Hayward EC45 DE Filter with a 1.5HP motor. The motor is fine but I have to replace the filter. I cannot find the EC45 model anymore. They sell the EC40 and the EC50. Can I use the EC40 with a 1.5HP motor? If not, will it work with the EC50?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am ready to hit the "buy" button on Amazon but don't want to purchase the wrong filter for my motor size. Thanks in advance.

We always say bigger is better, the bigger the filter the longer you can go without cleaning the filter.. :)

Just following up. I ended up sending an email to Hayward and they said that I could buy the smaller filter. It actually is the replacement of the one I had. We purchased it on Amazon and it arrived in two days. It's now hooked up and everything is running great. I now have another problem but will start another post. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.