First real test with HTH 6 way test kit

CR172

Jun 23, 2016
Celina, TX
The pool has been full since the weekend of the 4th. After about a week or so we got a hi salt error. The Intex SWG's will NOT generate Chlorine when there is any kind of error code. I kept an eye on things and occasionally put a little bit of shock in to keep the levels up. I picked up the HTH kit just the other day, (I have since ordered the Ft-100). I was going to do the Hayward skimmer mod last weekend and decided I'd rather float. We has a hard ran on Sat and I had to drain water off the pool. I went ahead and drained it a bit more then re-filled. No more hi salt error. I run the SWG 6 hrs a day and the pump for 8. Anyway I did all the test today when I got home and here are the numbers. Once I get this thing balanced, hopefully I can keep it maintained with the BBB method. Not opposed to MA if necessary, but chemicals to be kept at a minimum.

FWIW the pool is in full sun all day north of McKinney, TX

TC 5 - 5+(kit only reads to 5)
ph 7.5
ta 230
th 190 -200
cya 80

So, what are the opinions of the experts here? Last thing I want is this thing to go boom and turn green

Looks pretty good. Keep the FC so that it shows a solid 5/5+ until your testkit arrives for a more accurate FC level.

Do you have a way to aerate your water? A fountain accessory? If not, we have some suggestions including lots of splashing while swimming!!! Aeration can help you lower your TA.

Oh my bad I totally missed that part of your post. Been a long day.

I have been in Celina, TX. I would cut across from 69/75 to get to Denton, TX where my girlfriend later my wife was in college at TWU. I live in Salina, OK which both can pronounced the same even thou they are spelled different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.