Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Arab al.

Thank you!

Hi I'm Teresa and I posted a few weeks ago. I would like to say thanks. I got my test kit, tf100, and my pool is clear as a bell, after a severe case of mustard algae! My cya is still a little high at 80, so trying to stay at 9 for FC. Ph is 7.8, TA is 110, FC was 4 today and CC is 0.5. I added the recommended bleach to raise free chlorine. I'm getting the hang of this and I can't believe how beautifully clear my pool is. Thank u so much! So my question is how much bleach can I daily add to maintain a ph if 9 without having to do the Chlorine drop test?
    Thanks again 😊
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Above ground pool, vinyl liner, round , 14000 gal. Six years old. Sand filter, 1 speed pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Thank you!

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Your water looks fantastic. About your question ...
    Thank u so much! So my question is how much bleach can I daily add to maintain a ph if 9 without having to do the Chlorine drop test?
    If you are asking how to maintain an FC of 9, simply continue to use the Poolmath calculator (link below & home page). In fact, use the calculator for all chemical doses. That's what it's there for. If you still have a question, please let us know.

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Alright! That is awesome. Nice pool!

Want to add a nifty badge to your profile? See this
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

That's a great story to hear Welcome to TFP and it's great to hear you were able to work through it using all the great resources here.

Some people track their testing and dosing over time and keep a log. After a time (and this varies by pool and usage), they see a pattern that allows for less than daily testing. It takes time, and there's no recipe because of the unique needs of each pool, which reflect bather load, weather, and incoming contamination such as leaves, dust, critters, and the like.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting