Just got my test kit - now I have issues! Order of operations?

Jul 1, 2016
Boca Raton, FL
Before I got my kit I was going by Leslie's once a week recommendation, and now after my first test (only half way through the week) -

FC -0
CC - 0
CH - 400 (although I read it could be high when doing it by hand)
TA - went from blue to clear/purple at 110, pink at 120
CYA - I'd say exactly between 20 and 30 - 25?
pH - 7.8

I know cya should be 30, and adjusting that will bring my pH down also, right, so that first before slamming? Should I just be dumping a gallon of chlorine a day in the mean time, don't want the algae to get out of control.

Kind of surprised because I have one of those floaty things in there with the chlorine puck, but I know there is algae too.

Thanks for the help!

Whoa

Take a deap breath. It looks like you might have confused some tests. TA has no blue (unless maybe you are color blind?)

TA is the one that starts green after adding reagents.......then count drops of the other reagent until it turns red. I know I'm leaving out the reagent numbers but you should have those in the instructions.

CYA should be done in full sunlight

Maybe 1/2 to 1 gallon of chlorine a day is ok.

Can you clarify test results?

Really cya, FC and PH are most important if we are trying to clear a green pool.

Thanks guys, right here-http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/10845-Water-Testing-Instructions-on-One-Page, it says it can turn blue or green. Mine looked blue. Anyway, I can get the ph down with some muratic, but won't have the time I need to do the frequent fc adjustments till this weekend. Should I be putting some liquid chlorine in before I slam to try and stop the algae from spreading any more?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.