Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PacFab PF35 sand filter - fill level

1. Back To Top    #1

PacFab PF35 sand filter - fill level

Anyone familiar with the PacFab PF-35? I see there is a groove showing on the inside at the top of the bottom half of the filter. Is this the fill level that the filter media should be below?

Thanks

Samtex

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: PacFab PF35 sand filter - fill level

Usually if you fill a sand filter to around the top of the upper piping assy. you should be good. On a lot of filters that is were there is a seem around the tank

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kadavis View Post
    Usually if you fill a sand filter to around the top of the upper piping assy. you should be good. On a lot of filters that is were there is a seem around the tank
    That's what I was thinking, that will keep the media about 1 1/2" away from the bottom of the round head of the diffuser assembly. I guess it will settle a bit also.

Appreciate your help.

Samtex

4. Back To Top    #4

I tried to attach a copy of the manual but apparently, it is too large. I will try to send you a PM.

It took a few calls to Pentair before I was able to get in touch with someone who could help.

Regards,

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by samtex View Post
    Anyone familiar with the PacFab PF-35? I see there is a groove showing on the inside at the top of the bottom half of the filter. Is this the fill level that the filter media should be below?

Thanks

Samtex
    Jay

28,000 gal in-ground hybrid pool with PacFab Superflow 100 sand filter witn VitroClean media, Intelliflo VS pump, Stenner chlorine pump, Raypak R336A Millivolt Natural Gas Pool Heater