Help Finding Leak

I recently moved into a house with a vinyl pool liner and after doing some troubleshooting, it seems I have a leak.
I did the bucket test and taped the waterline on the skimmer to see the water loss and it seems that I'm loosing about an inch of water a day.

Today I tried some dye tests but no luck finding anything. I did find some small little holes in the liner with the biggest being about a 1/4" long and 1/8" wide but no dye is being sucked into them. I would imagine that some water is seeping through those holes and I will patch them, but I don't think these few tiny holes are the source of so much daily water loss, especially because the dye is motionless when beside these holes.

I also found a small hole in one of the pool light covers, but again, no dye is being sucked through. I'm not sure if it's safe to take off the pool light covers, does this pose electrical risks? I guess if the breakers are off, that shouldn't be a problem.

So now I am trying to plug all of the returns for 24 hours to see if the leak continues. If so, the only other thing I can think of is plugging the skimmer suction hole and waiting 24 hours.

Does this sound like all my options? Is there anything I'm missing? If any of my last two tests stop the leak, then the next step would be to get someone over here to do a pressure test right?

Most pools lose 1/8-1/4" per day. Losing an inch per day is excessive. I have read that with vinyl liner pools a diver can introduce a small charge to the water and it will go to ground through the hole and they can quickly find and repair leaks. Usually for a couple hundred bucks.

Here is more info on tracking down leaks, Pool School - Leak Detection

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.