Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 10 ft x 30in Kiddie Pool with filter

1. Back To Top    #1

10 ft x 30in Kiddie Pool with filter

I just put 1/2 c of plain bleach in the pool, it has a cover on it and i have well water. It has been 3 hours and i did a 6 way strip reading. I am so confused.

FC 10/20
    PH 8.4
    TA 240
    TH 400
    CA !00

I do not know if this is good or bad or do I need to wait until tomorrow to check it or take off the cover or is this safe? My granddaughter is coming tomorrow and I was trying to get it ready but now I am not sure what I have done. I have to keep a cover on it because of trees and such. I run the filter 24/7. Not really sure what I should be doing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

I am finding out I am really terrible at this! I tried the pool math calculator and I think it is telling me to drain some of my water and add muriatic acid. I was trying to just use bleach and possibly baking soda or borax. If I drain some water can I get away with not adding that acid? I have a granddaughter that gulps water. Should I drain all of it?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: 10 ft x 30in Kiddie Pool with filter

Welcome to TFP!

Bleach = Good
    Test Strips = Bad

You want to read this article - Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon