Grand Slam

Jun 18, 2016
Midlothian, TX
Ok, so I just passed the TFP SLAM procedure and test this Tuesday (as in, two days ago). Now I get home from work today and my FC is 0 and my pool is milky. So far I've done a backwash and dumped some bleach in there. Having done that an hour ago, here are my current readings:

CL = 5 ppm
CA = 300 ppm
Alk = 180
CYA = 30
ph = 8.2 (I had to add some tap water, which has a high ph. I'm adding acid to bring this down now)
Salt = 2900

I've also read that to bring the TA down that I need to lower the ph and then aerate it to raise the ph and then my TA will drop. I've been aerating for about a week now and TA stays exactly the same. So...I'm going to lower ph. But as far as the pool being milky and the FC dropping to 0, where do we go from here? I don't need to SLAM again, do I?

The question is why did your FC drop to zero?

If the pool is milky, then yes, you likely do need to SLAM again. You must maintain proper FC to avoid algae getting started again. Chlorine is a consumable that must be replenished and tested for daily.

Have you been adding bleach daily since you ended your SLAM to maintain your recommended FC level? If so, there has to be a reason your FC dropped to zero so fast, and if the water is cloudy, then yes, you probably do need to SLAM again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.