Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Totally Overwhelmed! New Above-Ground Pool Owner is freaking out!

1. Back To Top    #1

Totally Overwhelmed! New Above-Ground Pool Owner is freaking out!

Hello everyone!
    As my subject line says, I'm a new above-ground pool owner who is completely overwhelmed with trying to understand what I need to do to maintain it. I'm freaking out because it's currently GREEN!
    I've tried reading the directions of many different websites and forums (including this one) and although I've found thorough info, I just can't wrap my brain around it. I think I need someone to correspond with directly to help walk me through it--Someone I can go back to with questions.
    Please help! And soon! (My 7 year old daughter is dying to get back in the pool!)
    Thanks so much!
    Rebecca
    PS I have a 15'x36" above-ground "Easy Set" inflatable pool by Intex.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Totally Overwhelmed! New Above-Ground Pool Owner is freaking out!

Welcome to TFP!

You are in the right place. You might want to just follow this process for the rest of the summer.
    Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Totally Overwhelmed! New Above-Ground Pool Owner is freaking out!

That is what we do best! Teach others, step by step, how to care for there pool. I can't wait to see you again so we can get started.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit