Pool boy costs

cj3737

Jun 14, 2016
North Ogden, UT
Prior to finding TFP, and making my own pool sparkling clean and clear, we were going to have a pool guy come out to take a look at our pool but got the answer they were way too busy to come out and look. I know prices are different everywhere but Im looking for a concensus on what it may cost someone to come out and test and or clean so if the situation arises for friends in need. I would like to tell them how much money can be saved by doing it our way....

Anyone??

For a rental house, in Punta Gorda, FL I was quoted $95/month, including chemicals, weekly service. Here lots of people have pools, and its a year-round season, and pool services are all over the place.

What a difference a thousand or so miles makes. I'm always astonished at the sheer volume of pool service options whenever I visit Florida. In the next-to-no-competition world of Chicago $95 won't get you a week of service, it's closer to $150/week.

In Tucson AZ it varies. The range I have heard from friends that use services is anywhere from $1000/year on the low end (that would be a scary looking guy with a beat up pickup truck, broken English and a telescoping skimmer pole...a definitely a few missing teeth) to $1,500/year for the brand name services. But that's just a low end, weekly service with basic chemicals. If they have to fix any problems or troubleshoot equipment, then you pay extra for all of that.

In Southern Nevada we pay $65 per month. No chemicals included but they do add acid when needed. Weekly visits. Mainly to keep it clean. We travel some so works for us.

If all you want is chemical "balance" (which I use very loosely), in Tucson I think you can get that for about $45/mo (almost cheaper that you can do it yourself ... but the water quality greatly suffers). However, that is not any brushing, skimmer / filter cleaning, etc.

I worked for a pool service company for about 1 1/2 years (in the office). We charged between $60-80 per month for our pool service which included netting the surface, emptying the skimmer, brushing, testing and all chemicals weekly. This was before I had a pool and knowing what I do now I think the guys did a pretty good job. They actually tried to explain to customers how their CYA levels had gotten so high after going to the pool stores for years. Most of the customers though didn't care and refused to drain their pools. Their rationale was that if the pool looked okay than it must be okay.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I asked a mate here (AU$1.00 = ~US$0.75) who said he was paying $90 per week including chemicals (SWG though), emptying baskets, filter cleaning, partial brushing and leaving the robot in when he left.

I also asked a mate who runs a pool service. All weekly based... they start at $50 plus chemicals. $75 plus chemicals includes brushing/vacuuming at their discretion. $100 per week plus chemicals gets brushed and vacuumed every time. They empty skimmers, clean filters as needed. They add $10 to $20 if there's a spa, pool cover, or other complexity. They leave a card with recommendations if pools need anything significant or extraordinary. Customers can turn service on/off any time they like. New customer or past customer things like clearing a bad pool, stain removal, etc. are quoted. Plumbing/equipment repairs/upgrades are done by hourly rate plus materials.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.