Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: installation Iqualink yourself on a new construction

1. Back To Top    #1

installation Iqualink yourself on a new construction

Guys

I am having an IGP installed in late august on a budget. I really want some automation and have been looking at the jandy IAqualink. I have been reading threads of people who upgraded their old aqualink system on their own with no problem. My question is can I install a system by myself and if so how. I have read alot of the instructions and it looks pretty straight forward but sometimes that scares me when it looks too easy for something that should be complicated. I am having the pool guy install the Jandy VS Pump and lights. Then I am installing the Jandy Heater, and Jandy Aquapure SWG. I will not have a spa. Any help on which system to buy would be helpful too. I was looking at the IQ904-PS but I don't know from there do I need another power center for the Aquapure etc. Thank you for anyones help.
    2016 - 16'x34' In Ground 2ft radius vinyl pool, approx 24k gallons, Jandy VS FloPro Pump 1hp, Jandy JXi260n Heater, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy IAqualink 2.0, Sta-Rite DE System 3 Filter. Polaris 9450 sport robotic cleaner. SR Smith Typhoon water slide. Climate upstate NY May-Sep with full sun.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: installation Iqualink yourself on a new construction

Did you know that in order to protect your warranty (3 years) all equipment needs to be installed by a professional? I'm not sure what the warranty would be if you do it yourself, but definitely not 3 years.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: installation Iqualink yourself on a new construction

No I do not but my pool company in one of the biggest in the area and has only done 1 automation control system so far and he told me they are still working the bugs out so I do not know if i trust them to do it with it anyways. And the money I will save I would be ok with it.
    2016 - 16'x34' In Ground 2ft radius vinyl pool, approx 24k gallons, Jandy VS FloPro Pump 1hp, Jandy JXi260n Heater, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy IAqualink 2.0, Sta-Rite DE System 3 Filter. Polaris 9450 sport robotic cleaner. SR Smith Typhoon water slide. Climate upstate NY May-Sep with full sun.