Cap for air bleed tube assembly - Pentair Clean and Clear Plus

Jul 7, 2016
CA
Hi all,

The cap on the top of my air bleed tube assembly is hanging together by electrical tape right now. I tried to point to it here in this diagram (unfortunately don't have a real pic).

Image 2016-07-13 at 10.17.03 AM.jpg

It's a 3-4" cap that fits on the top of the PVC pipe. As I noted mine is cracked busted and hanging together by a thread.

Where can I get just a replacement for this? I see some items for sale. But there's not much detail on if it includes the little cap. Also, I'd rather not spend $30 for a 3" piece of tubing.

Separately, how important is it to have this sealed and in good working order? Is it affecting my flow much?

Thanks!

Thanks for the response!

I may not have explained it well and the lack of real picture isn't helping. Forgot to take one again ?. I need a small cap only, Its not pictured in your link.

I found a guy describing my issue exactly. Pentair cartridge filter problem

I also bought a $0.30 pvc cap to fit. I also find it weird to spend $30 for a 3" cap. Guess I just have to bleed the air often. If anyone has new advice please add thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.