Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Programming a Intelliflo VS pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Programming a Intelliflo VS pump

Just replaced my old single speed pump with an Intelliflo VS pump. I need to program it to run efficiently and effectively. This pump runs the pool only as my cleaner is a Dolphin M4. The pump sits about 3' above the level of the pool.
    Pool: In ground 28,00 Gallons 18x36 vinyl 8' deep end with 2 skimmers and 2 drains. Pool Pump: Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed
    Chlorine Generator: Goldline Salt System. Pool Filter: Jandy CL340 Cartridge. Heater: Jandy Lite. Pool Cleaner: Dolphin M4. Automatic Pool Cover: Coverstar

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Programming a Intelliflo VS pump

Check out this article here: Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

With an SWG, run the pump for as short of a time period, or time periods split to do so, to achieve sufficient sanitation using your SWG. Higher SWG output for shorter intervals is the most economical.

Welcome to TFP!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

I've got a 12k gallon pool and my pump is about 1-2' above the level. The installer said these pumps can pull quite a bit of head so I don't expect much difference between my setup and yours? Assuming that's ok, here's how mine is set up:
    Priming >
    Priming time: 0
    Priming speed: 2200
    Assign speeds >
    Freeze: 1000
    Pool: 1800
    Cleaner: 2250
    Waterfall: 1700

Hope that helps!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

Find the lowest speed that the SWG won't give a flow error and run it a couple 100 more. Mine was 900 rpm so I run mine at 1100 rpm for skimming filtering and making chlorine.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

Find the lowest speed that the SWG won't give a flow error and run it a couple 100 more. Mine was 900 rpm so I run mine at 1100 rpm for skimming filtering and making chlorine.
    Thank you.
    Pool: In ground 28,00 Gallons 18x36 vinyl 8' deep end with 2 skimmers and 2 drains. Pool Pump: Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed
    Chlorine Generator: Goldline Salt System. Pool Filter: Jandy CL340 Cartridge. Heater: Jandy Lite. Pool Cleaner: Dolphin M4. Automatic Pool Cover: Coverstar