Buried Pool

tjc99

Jul 13, 2016
Cypress, TX
Hey everyone,

I have a home built in 1956. We want to out in an inground pool in the backyard. During conversation with the neighbor he showed me a brochure of my home from when it was used as a model home in the 50's on the parade of homes. He was given the brochure from the people he bought the house from. In the brochure they show the backyard of the house very similar to how it is now but there is a swimming pool back there. I know it will cost the same amount to restore the pool as to build a new one so I am prepared for that expense. I'm just wondering how I find exactly where the pool was. I know the general spot from the pictures. Where do you think I even start? I'm pretty sure the pool was filled in sometime in the 60's or 70's.

Welcome to TFP!

Cool project! We've had a few pool restorations here. Always very interesting. One from the 50s will be great. Create a Photobucket account so you can post lots of pics. Copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post to embed the pic in your thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.