Introduction

Hello,

Great to be here. Reading up on a lot of information. Will be moving in mid October to my new house. Unfortunately the pool will have been professionally closed before I get there (we asked for this to be done for house purchase), however the current owner will let me know when that is happening and I am welcome to come by and watch the process and ask questions with the pool company and decide if we will continue with their services.

Only things I know about the pool right now are the following.

20 x 40 inground vinyl (approx 32,000 gallons)
Salt water ***SWG is not currently working, cell needs replacement***
Current Owner is using Chlorine
Pool Heater is brand new (Gas), just put in May 2016
Pool Pump (Unknown)
Pool Filter (Unknown)
Cake stairs in shallow end (Drop in style)

Pool liner is approx 5 - 7 years old, I believe the liner was either measured wrong or came in to large and the owner just installed it. There is some creasing happening but no apparent pulling or stretching of liner along the top of the pool.

Solar cover and roller looks to be in decent shape a sized properly.

Pool faces West so we have full sun exposure.

We have the ability to visit the property 2 times before closing, at that time I will look to find out what equipment the pool has.

Taylor test kit - I will order beginning of the new year. No point in ordering 1 now

Looking forward to getting the house and next spring, although it is a shame because this is shaping up to be a hot summer. Thankfully the cottage and lake will suffice.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave:
Taylor test kit - I will order beginning of the new year.
This is perhaps the single most important thing you can do for yourself and your pool before moving in. Accurate test numbers are the foundation of everything you do. Even for winter closing, it will come-in handy. Great to have you with us.

Question.

Reading up on the Chlorine/CYA chart levels, there are 2 tables. SWG and non SWG. Given my SWG cell is not working would I work off the Non SWG table or the SWG table given the salt content in the pool?

We are unsure at this time if we will get it fixed right away or wait a bit, but I want to make sure I am following the right table.

Thanks,