Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Date on Muratic Acid

1. Back To Top    #1

Date on Muratic Acid

I know the dates on the bleach are important, but what about MA? I bought a two pack from Home Depot, and there is no date on the cardboard box. Or at least that I could see. When opening the box at home, and looking at bottle, I saw no print on it like on the bleach.
    -Paul
    15k gallon IG plaster, 26x39 at widest points, sort of shaped like the great state of Texas!
    B2854 Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP single speed motor
    Tagelus TA-60 Sand Filter, Polaris 280, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Date on Muratic Acid

Muriatic acid is very stable and will literally last for years. It pretty much has an infinite shelf life if stored in a tightly sealed bottle.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Date on Muratic Acid

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    Muriatic acid is very stable and will literally last for years. It pretty much has an infinite shelf life if stored in a tightly sealed bottle.
    This. In pressure washing it is one of our lesser used chemicals and age or concentration were never even a consideration. And trust me, we knew when our chems had aged/weakened because the job got harder and took longer. You could almost measure chem concentration by the employees time reports.
    My Pool: 18'x36' Grecian. Vinyl Liner, 500# sand filter, SWG.

My hobbies: Brewing beer and flying rockets.