Pool Heaters

Jul 13, 2016
Westminster, Md
Shopping around for an in ground heater and trying to get opinions online is near impossible. Have a 16 year old Purex Minimax that has been pretty trouble free. Just failed (cracked heat exchanger). Anybody have good longtime service out of one? My son who is a master HVAC, says internally they are pretty much the same. I take care of mine so that factor is taken out.

Welcome to the forum!

Over and over, we see the most popular heaters from service people and consumers alike being Rheem/Raypak and Pentair a close second. I have no idea if a new HX is an option for you but assume youve found out already. If it isnt and option its hard to go wrong with the aforementioned heaters.

Welcome to the forum!

Over and over, we see the most popular heaters from service people and consumers alike being Rheem/Raypak and Pentair a close second. I have no idea if a new HX is an option for you but assume youve found out already. If it isnt and option its hard to go wrong with the aforementioned heaters.

Thanks Patrick. My son's friends are in the heating/ac trades and the first thing they recommended was Rheem(Raypak) By the way, I wanted to thank ps0303 but didn't know how to reply to all. Maybe I did

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.