Intex sand filter drain/backwash fitting size question

And so is the actual drain on the bottom edge of the pool. That ain't no standard garden hose connection...... I had to drain some water to get rid of a hi salt issue. I went to connect a garden hose to the drain plug..... no can do.... AArrgh..... I don't want to drain water right next to the pool, so I used the backwash & rinse settings on the sand filter/pump. Now this worked fine for what I was doing, but when it comes time to drain the water down past all the plumbing for winter storage.....

Thanks for the info! The reason I asked, I'm trying to find a source of the Intex collar nuts, without having to buy hoses, or other accessories, just to scavenge them. I was looking at the drain caps, as a possible source, if the centers were cut out.

David

And so is the actual drain on the bottom edge of the pool. That ain't no standard garden hose connection...... I had to drain some water to get rid of a hi salt issue. I went to connect a garden hose to the drain plug..... no can do.... AArrgh..... I don't want to drain water right next to the pool, so I used the backwash & rinse settings on the sand filter/pump. Now this worked fine for what I was doing, but when it comes time to drain the water down past all the plumbing for winter storage.....

I use a sump pump. It's my backup in case my house sump pump goes out, but I also used it to drain down my in ground pool at my last home, and I use it to drain down my Intex pool for winter storage. I have a long flexible hose attached to it, to direct the water away from my house & pool. Works great! And works quickly!

I find this observation quite interesting in the evolution of the Intex pool. I bought my pool last year and it has garden hose sized drains on it. I bet a pool with 40mm drains would empty out fairly quickly! ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.