Please add your suggestions, opinions and/or what you might have done differently:
1. If you are debating between a smaller pool and a bigger pool, go bigger! My PB convinced us to go smaller. We regret that decision.
2. Go with a geometric shape such as a rectangle instead of a freeform. This will keep the PB from messing up the measurements.
3. Add a "time is of the essence clause" if you want your pool completed in a timely fashion.
4. If you are wondering whether to get an attached spa, go for it!
5. A pool heater of some sort is a must!
6. Make sure that your last payment to the pool builder is at least 30%. Don't be afraid to modify the contract it is not.
7. If you get a spa then get a remote control to turn on and off the heater and other equipment. Otherwise, you are walking out of the spa to turn it on and off.
Any other opinions?