To Drain or Not to Drain

Apr 26, 2016
Santa Ana, CA
I've been battling this problem for a few months and pool stores haven't help much and Summer is here. According to my Taylor Kit (K-1003) CC 10, pH 7.2, TA -170 as of today. My water is still light green I've treated for algae, slam it and I just been putting too much $ that I'm just giving up. What do you think "Drain It". Thanks [email protected] And of course Leslies readings are always different.:cry:

Welcome to TFP!

You need a better test kit to know the path forward. The CYA is the key piece of missing information. Without the proper test kit, there is no way you followed the SLAM process correctly.

As mentioned, CYA test is a must at this point. You will also need to do the over night test at some point so please do buy the missing pieces that your K-1003 doesn't have. Looking at the colors of the OTO will not cut it for green pools.

You are fighting unknowns at this point. 15k gallons is a lot to drain and refill, green is not hard to fight when you know your numbers.

TFTestkits.net
TFTestkits.net

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.