Can someone help me wire my SWG to the timer! PLEASE!!! Lots of pic

Re: STUPID newbie question!!

The SWG power should be coming from the timer as well.

The flow switch is meant as a backup so that it is not generating when the pump is off. The "no flow" indicates that the SWG is indeed not generating by design, but what you currently have is not the recommended setup.

The SWG power should be coming from the timer as well.

The flow switch is meant as a backup so that it is not generating when the pump is off. The "no flow" indicates that the SWG is indeed not generating by design, but what you currently have is not the recommended setup.

why is it not recommended? If I leave it, what will go wrong? I can't change the set up now

Hey so can you help me out. This is my set up. I want to make the SWG turn off with the pump, not run on "no flow" mode.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the huge size.

XFzoiNS.jpg

ObY4LWq.jpg

UZWA6NN.jpg

FKIhQt8.jpg

7irOoW6.jpg

6JVeCt4.jpg

7u4zOmE.jpg

7irOoW6.jpg

Hi,

An electrician installed a timer for me, and hooked it up to the pump, but not the SWG. I would like the SWG to turn off when the pump turn off. Can someone help me wire it?

Seems like it should be easy, but i am not pro. A step by step guide would be amazinggg!! Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the huge pics!

UZWA6NN.jpg

FKIhQt8.jpg

r8t4y8i.jpg

XFzoiNS.jpg

7u4zOmE.jpg

6JVeCt4.jpg

7irOoW6.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

If you are not comfortable with electrical wiring, then call an electrician. But if you are a DIYer, then it's pretty easy. According to the manual, the SWG is an auto voltage detect device and can be connected to 120v or 240v.

Here are the steps:
- Disconnect the power to the pump timer (turn off the breaker)
- Disconnect the power to the SWG (turn off the breaker)
- Remove the cover on the switch for the SWG
- Remove switch
- Remove the wires from the switch and junction box
- Put wire nuts on feed wires (from circuit breaker)
if reusing the same wire:
- Move the SWG panel closer to the timer so that the wires reach
- Connect the wires into the pump timer. Same terminals that feed the pump supply wire. (black to black, white to white, green to green)
If buying new wire
- Open the SWG control box
- Remove the wires that went to the switch
- Connect new wires to the controller where you removed the old wires (black to black, white to white, green to green)
- Connect the wires into the pump timer. Same terminals that feed the pump supply wire. (black to black, white to white, green to green)

- Now double check all connectors to make sure they are monkey tight (not gorilla tight).
- Close all the boxes
- Turn on the breaker to the pump.

Consult the manual for more info and for some diagrams (figure 18) http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0331400.pdf

If you are not comfortable with electrical wiring, then call an electrician. But if you are a DIYer, then it's pretty easy. According to the manual, the SWG is an auto voltage detect device and can be connected to 120v or 240v.

Here are the steps:
- Remove switch
If buying new wire
- Connect new wires to the controller where you removed the old wires (black to black, white to white, green to green)

- Now double check all connectors to make sure they are monkey tight (not gorilla tight).
- Close all the boxes

Consult the manual for more info and for some diagrams (figure 18) http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0331400.pdf

thank you!!

Here are the steps:
- Remove switch
If buying new wire

- Close all the boxes

So I don't need to put it in terminal # 3 and 4 of the timer ?

You are not missing any connections. That is a 120V timer. It doesn't have any.

The conduit that comes from the breaker box to the switch needs to be wired into the neutral and load side of the timer. This is assuming that the SWG is a 120V unit as well.

You also need to run a proper bonding wire (bare copper 8AWG) from the bonding lug on the SWG control box (bottom right under side of control box) to the pools bonding system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.