Filter shooting dirty water back into pool after about 15 seconds of running cleaner

Jul 12, 2016
Lincoln, Nebraska
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi! First post for me here on TFP. So I had an algae bloom and am coming back from it. Killed it all and it all settled out to the bottom. Now working on vacuuming it up with the dirt devil pool cleaner. However, after I have it running for about 15 seconds, the return jets start blasting dirty water back into the pool. Seems the algae getting vacuumed up is just going right thru the filter instead of getting caught. I then backwash, rinse, and start again and the same thing happens? Read a few other posts, so I'm going to take a peek inside the sand filter. Any help is welcomed! Thanks!

Oh oh I have a 24' diameter 12,500 gallon pool.

Took apart the sand filter and pulled out the laterals. No visible cracks, sand looked fine aside from some small chunks that had hair in them. Spose those could have clogged the filter a bit, but I wouldn't think too much. Any ideas guys? Should I put the sand back in and try it, or should I get that zeo-sand stuff?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.