Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: luna quartz and pebble tec quote

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

luna quartz and pebble tec quote

So I originally wanted white plaster in my pool reno to save money but have change my mind. We got quoted $10,800 for pebble and $9,300 for luna quarts. Both quotes include adding another pool drain to bring pool to code (the spa already has 2 drains).

The PB really didn't want to quote quartz because the only install pebble (I was told due to reliability) but I kept asking and finally got it. Are the 2 plasters this close in price? I always thought pebble was way more expensive. My thought is they are overpricing quartz to get me to buy pebble. Are these prices fair?
    *New pool owner
    Century B129, 3/4 HP, 1.5 SF,
    In-ground gunite 17,400 Gal, Nautilus FNS 36 DE Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Conroe, TX

Re: luna quartz and pebble tec quote

We were quoted Luna Quartz for our pool within the pool build.

To to upgrade to Satin Matrix would be $3450 more or Primera Stone $4950. I don't know if that helps or not.

another quote we received was for Diamond Brite. To upgrade to Pebble Sheen would be $3800.

We are in Conroe.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: luna quartz and pebble tec quote

Our Peeble Sheen was only about $500 more than another companies Diamond Brite qoute. We paid around $13k for the pool and spa to be redone. I think they wanted $3k just if we did the spa so your prices seem in line with what we paid by us.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System