Sand In Pool

Eilum

Jun 19, 2016
Jackson NJ
I put in a new sand filter about a month ago and whenever we run the filter, notice sand (looks like beach sand) and some debris on bottom of pool, particularly around the returns. The Polaris picks it up and it remains clean until the next time we run the filter and the sand returns to the bottom again.

I called out the company that installed the filter, and after poking around they swore that there is no way it can be the filter sand returning into the pool. They said "you must have a busted pipe under the concrete or something."

Hoping someone on this forum would be able to help. Just FYI here are my chemistry numbers

FC 4
CC 0.5
pH 7.5
TA 120
CYA 30
CH 150

Try running the pump in "Bypass" mode. If you don't see sand by the returns after running it in Bypass, it's pretty likely coming from the filter. Being in bypass mode takes the filter out of the equation and if there is a break in a pipe that's sucking something in you're going to still see it showing up in the pool in that bypass mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.