Jandy RS Model: 6613/6614 wiring Pentair Superflo and Pentair Heater

Jul 11, 2016
Mississauga, ON
Hi all:

I have been trying to search on how to wire Pentair Superflo VS Pump and Pentair MasterTemp Heater to my Jandy RS Aqualink OneTouch 6613/6614 Control board.

Pump and heater are working right now, but can't control it via Aqualink OneTouch. I would like to be able to control the pump speed on the right time in a day. Also, would like to control the temperature on OneTouch, when the heater runs the pump should start as well.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,
Joey

You will need to purchase the com cable for the Superflo VS to work with your automation. You must have open relays to use different speeds.

Your mastertemp should be work perfectly wired to the low voltage heater relay per the install manual.

Hi thepoolman:

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have attached pictures of the Jandy RS and the Pentair Superflo VS to be able to ask further question and guidance on how to connect the wiring.
IMG_0936.jpgIMG_0934.jpg

I have couple of relays that are still available for use to control the motor. Is there a way you can guide me on how this may work for my application. I just wanted to control the factory speed settings in the motor to schedule it from Jandy for specific times in the day and be able to control the temperature of the heater. When the heater runs I would like to have the motor runs as well for the heater to function.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Joey

To hook the heater up you will need some thermostat wiring from the local home improvement store if you don't have any. You will only need just two of the wires. Run the wire from the outdoor control unit to the heater. See picture. On the heater there is a yellow jumper wire inside the metal box. With the power off, you would connect the thermostat wire to those two terminals. Once you have done this you would choose either pool or spa setting on the heater and set the temp all the way up to 104. Now you would control the unit from your remote.Aqualink.jpg

Hi TFP Expert:

Thanks for your reply.

I am very sorry, but I am not that familiar with the wiring and no expert at all.

First, I would like to know how to run the wire from Jandy Control Panel to the pump step-by-step.
Second, Yes, I have a thermostat that is attached to the pipe going to the heater coming from the filter and wired (low voltage) to the control panel Green 10-pin terminal bar (6 and 5).

I have a low voltage wire from the control panel connected to the terminals marked "To Controller" 4321, which is not currently connected to anything right now. I was the one who replaced the motor and the old one only runs on high and low speed with 3 14 gauge wires and able to control it from Jandy OneTouch and the contractor who replaced my old heater with the Pentair MasterTemp does not know how to connect the low voltage wires.

Your guidance to walk me thru on how to wire these equipment together is very much appreciated.

Joy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.