Please Recommed a Pump

vandan

Jul 8, 2012
Shavertown, PA
Hello,

Our pool pump finally died this year. The pump was a Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump High Performance 1HP Pool Pump, 115V/230V.

Here's the thing, we plan on selling this house within the next 2 years and don't want to sink a lot of money into the pool. Would my best (cheapest) option be to go with the same pump or a pentair maybe? Can i get a 2 speed pump from a different manufacturer for around the same price ($300 - $400) as the one i have?

Looking for options.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Well when we bought the house there was a crack in the pump near the suction line intake running up towards the cover. It looks like someone tried to repair it and its been holding, but i figured if the motor went i would just replace the whole thing.

Any feedback on this vs. the Hayward SP2607X10?

Pentair SuperFlo 1HP Standard Efficiency Pool Pump 115-230V | 340038

Seems to be a little cheaper in price

WaterWay 1.25HP Pump - cheap, easier to install and good quality product.

Hello,

Our pool pump finally died this year. The pump was a Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump High Performance 1HP Pool Pump, 115V/230V.

Here's the thing, we plan on selling this house within the next 2 years and don't want to sink a lot of money into the pool. Would my best (cheapest) option be to go with the same pump or a pentair maybe? Can i get a 2 speed pump from a different manufacturer for around the same price ($300 - $400) as the one i have?

Looking for options.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.