Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please Recommed a Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Please Recommed a Pump

Hello,

Our pool pump finally died this year. The pump was a Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump High Performance 1HP Pool Pump, 115V/230V.

Here's the thing, we plan on selling this house within the next 2 years and don't want to sink a lot of money into the pool. Would my best (cheapest) option be to go with the same pump or a pentair maybe? Can i get a 2 speed pump from a different manufacturer for around the same price ($300 - $400) as the one i have?

Looking for options.

Thanks for any input you can give.
    24k IG vinyl pool, Hayward Pump: SP2607X10, Hayward Super Pump Motor 1HP, Hayward Sand Filter
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please Recommed a Pump

Why not get the same pump in a 2 speed? Super Pump | Pumps | In Ground Pool Pumps - Hayward Pool Products. Or just replace the motor with 2 sp motor and leave the pump in place.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

The wet side hardly has issues. Replace the motor and shaft seal and you're good to go. Cheaper and easier than replacing the whole pump when there is no need to.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Well when we bought the house there was a crack in the pump near the suction line intake running up towards the cover. It looks like someone tried to repair it and its been holding, but i figured if the motor went i would just replace the whole thing.

Any feedback on this vs. the Hayward SP2607X10?

Pentair SuperFlo 1HP Standard Efficiency Pool Pump 115-230V | 340038

Seems to be a little cheaper in price
    24k IG vinyl pool, Hayward Pump: SP2607X10, Hayward Super Pump Motor 1HP, Hayward Sand Filter
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

The Pentair Superflo is a great pump and is available in 2 sp.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

WaterWay 1.25HP Pump - cheap, easier to install and good quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by vandan View Post
    Hello,

Our pool pump finally died this year. The pump was a Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump High Performance 1HP Pool Pump, 115V/230V.

Here's the thing, we plan on selling this house within the next 2 years and don't want to sink a lot of money into the pool. Would my best (cheapest) option be to go with the same pump or a pentair maybe? Can i get a 2 speed pump from a different manufacturer for around the same price ($300 - $400) as the one i have?

Looking for options.

Thanks for any input you can give.