Algae

Elic

Jul 5, 2016
Wappingers Falls/NY
Hi to all.

i have battled a very green above ground pool for a week and today I walked out and it is clear minus the 50% of the bottom covered in the green algae. I'm worried about vacuuming all that into my DE filter as is has been put through quite the workout this week. Also if I vacuum I assume all that algae will break up and need to resettle which seem counter productive time and efficiency wise. What should I do do get the last of this algae out. Thanks fellow pool people. Also I broke my pressure relief screw off in the top of pump,no leak but I need to replace, I can get a new screw anywhere i assume, correct.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Since you have algae, you probably know you need to perform a TFP "SLAM" (link below). Follow that page closely. DE filters will clog-up quickly. You can filter to waste if possible, or run on recirculate if you can from time-to-time when you can't be there to watch the pressure. But eventually, you will need to rinse those grids off (and re-coat) quite a bit until the algae is gone and you pass the 3 SLAM criteria.

As for the pressure relief screw, you might want to contact Inyopools.com. They are very good about replacement parts.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. Or you can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.