Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Our pool at our families vacation house isn't producing enough chlorine.

I tested it and it's coming up 0.5 FC. The SWG is running at 100% for the last 1.5 days. The pool is 100% balanced otherwise. Salt level is 3000 ppm.

Any thoughts?

-
18,000 gal fiberglass pool
Pentair IC40 SWG
Pentair MasterTemp
TF-100 Test Kit

First, add liquid chlorine to gets it to where it should be.

Any lights on at the salt cell? Is the salt level OK?

My next step would be to conduct an OCLT to see if something in the water is consuming all chlorine produced.

Here you go.

FC-0.5
CC-0
pH-7.2
TA-90
CH-310
CYA-80
Salt-3000

How long are you running your your SWG for at 100%? We are running it for 11 hours a day.

I took a sample right out of the inlet and that was 2 ppm.

It is consistently 0.5.

Salt cell has all the proper lights on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK- you are definitely running too low for your CYA of 80.

I would follow up with the OCLT tonight to confirm the presence of organics and prepare for a possible SLAM. You could consider using liquid chlorine to bring your FC up to 10 FC to get a solid number for the OCLT.

If your SWG is working properly then you likely have organics. I believe you might be on the very edge of a full blown algae bloom, and the SWG is producing just barely enough to keep it at bay - for now. As suggested above use bleach and get your FC level up to where it should be. Perform an OCLT.

GC

We began slamming yesterday. We lost some overnight so continuing to slam today. Pool looks a million times better.

Any tips on helping chlorine drop once we pass the OCLT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.