Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Globrite

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Globrite

I've had to replace 4 of my lights. Moisture behind the lens. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair Globrite

I had one fail. The others have been fine since day one.

3. Back To Top    #3

How hard was it to replace them? I have one that has water in it. It looks like you can just unscrew them and pop the new one in (after turning off the power). Is this right?
    18k vinyl IGP, Sand Filter, EasyTouch Control Sys, Pentair Intelliflo, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, Rheem Heat Pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Manual:

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/620053.C.GloBrite.pdf

Its not quite that simple.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    Hmmm. This might be a job that I pay to have done...
    18k vinyl IGP, Sand Filter, EasyTouch Control Sys, Pentair Intelliflo, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, Rheem Heat Pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I wouldn't say its difficult if you've pulled wire before and have electrical knowledge. There really isn't anything to them.

7. Back To Top    #7

I have had two fail...( same location) one under warranty. For me it was 2 out of 10 but I have fished some wire in the past....fish tape and patience I would think you could do it just fine...there expensive little f**rs though.

Separate note....the one I replaced doesn't sync color wise with two others....any thoughts ? Reset controller any way?

8. Back To Top    #8

Posted in another thread, we lost two in lightning. I didn't replace them yet as they are too expensive. I have seen poor reviews of these lately. One issue was the water behind the lens. I don't know of any other light that we could use to replace it. Does anyone? Short of replacing the niche I think we're stuck with GloBrites.
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install

9. Back To Top    #9

I ended up getting someone to do it. It was expensive, and I think I could have bought the unit online and done it myself. But water, electricity and my lack of knowledge doesn't seem like a good combination.

The light was also causing my panel to short out, so I had to run the pool pump manually. The repair guy showed me that I could have just disconnected the light and solved the problem. But I'm comfortable with most pool stuff, but not so much with the electricals!

10. Back To Top    #10

Don't blame you. Better safe then dead.
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install