Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Surge Protector

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Surge Protector

Quick ?, I see these at home depot;

Square D QO Surgebreaker Surge Protective Device Takes 2 Load Center Spaces-QO2175SB - The Home Depot

I would like to get 2, install one at my main panel, and a second at the sub panel for the pool. Will that work?, or will they not work like that?

Thanks!!
    13.6K AG (I think?) 32'x16' Oval, Pentair SM8150 cartridge, Pentair SR400LP, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1.5HP pump, Installed spring 2014 (hand me down, 4 years old when acquired), TF-100 Pool water test kit w/speed stir, Intex SWG (going since 2014), Well Water used for fill/top off

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Surge Protector

The HEPD80 from home depot is a lil more money but its a much better surge protector for you panels.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D-...PD80/203540660

I have one of these in my main panel and my pool panel. They work just fine that way.
    Chuck-
    15x30 Above ground, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is funded by member support click here to help

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Surge Protector

Quote Originally Posted by CJadamec View Post
    The HEPD80 from home depot is a lil more money but its a much better surge protector for you panels.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D-...PD80/203540660

I have one of these in my main panel and my pool panel. They work just fine that way.

Ok, that sounds like a plan, thanks!
    13.6K AG (I think?) 32'x16' Oval, Pentair SM8150 cartridge, Pentair SR400LP, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1.5HP pump, Installed spring 2014 (hand me down, 4 years old when acquired), TF-100 Pool water test kit w/speed stir, Intex SWG (going since 2014), Well Water used for fill/top off