Over-the-phone order recommendation for S300i/Active 30i?

AnAltruist

Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2016
Near Toledo, Ohio
I've selected the Dolphin S300i or Active 30i (same machine) as my robot master. However the closest dealer is 70 miles away.

Ordering online obviously negates the warranty so I'm looking for your experiences with ordering over the phone.

Obviously I'm okay with paying shipping.

I would really appreciate any suggestions if you have also been in this situation. I've heard of prices around $1100 without knowing store names. If you had a good phone experience please post or send a private message if including those kinds of specifics are against the rules.

My pump motor just burnt out so I'm waiting for my $400 Hayward VSP Super Pump Amazon special. I might as well be productive.

Thank you!

Thanks. I did look at Epic's site as I was originally going to get the Z5 but the ease of cleaning, the two layer basket (I get a lot of fine sediment) and reviews stating that it intelligently dislodges itself from the bottom drain. On top of that today is Prime Day. Apparently there are 20% off Amazon Warehouse deal coupons floating around. Using that on a Triton Plus (same as Z5) is also very tempting. There are a few reviews stating that it gets stuck on the drain.

As if that wasn't enough, I just noticed Amazon (sold by Amazon) has an "E10" that sure looks a lot like the S100/Active 10. This might be the start of an S/Active equivalent being available online. It is stated that shipping is 1-2 months out. The E10 as listed, though, has a 12-month warranty. I'll probably reach out to Maytronics and see if they will talk about other E-models. I don't remember seeing this out there before.

Progress report. I've found the Maytronics website to be unhelpful. Most of the dealers that show up for the S300i/Active 30i don't carry the unit. Some were not even familiar with it. However, because they can order it direct from the warehouse and drop ship it, they show up on the website.

Atlas Pools, who I saw on here from other posts, seem to be my best option so far. I don't know if they are an elite dealer (supposedly elite dealers get access to customer rebate programs). I can't find an elite dealer part of the search engine. It was a little over $1300 shipped with no mention of a rebate. To their credit, the highest I encountered so far was $1600.

After calling 10+ places around the country, I don't seem to be getting any more return on my investment of time. I was hoping one of the sales tax-free states had a dealer with a good price but no such luck.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll probably go with Atlas.

I was about to order from Atlas in GA but my last call was to a dealer in Livonia, MI (Discount Pool & Spa). Spoke quite a while with Mark who gave me a lot of feedback on both the S300i and the M400/500. Like many others' experience here, he spoke highly about the M series due to the center brush, extra year warranty and strong track record. He was quick to tell me that the S300is are also very nice; he sold a lot of those this year and only two came back. One was because the guy's bottom drain was large and square (the unit would get stuck) and the other was because the cord was getting twisted.

He spent the most time with me by far and also gave me an additional discount on shipping. Price + Service + Proximity in case of issues = win. I placed the order, had it within days and am really impressed by the unit. On the first go my unit got stuck on the steps and the drain but corrected itself both times within 15-20 seconds.

Happy with the Dolphin and the dealer.

I was about to order from Atlas in GA but my last call was to a dealer in Livonia, MI (Discount Pool & Spa). Spoke quite a while with Mark who gave me a lot of feedback on both the S300i and the M400/500. Like many others' experience here, he spoke highly about the M series due to the center brush, extra year warranty and strong track record. He was quick to tell me that the S300is are also very nice; he sold a lot of those this year and only two came back. One was because the guy's bottom drain was large and square (the unit would get stuck) and the other was because the cord was getting twisted.

He spent the most time with me by far and also gave me an additional discount on shipping. Price + Service + Proximity in case of issues = win. I placed the order, had it within days and am really impressed by the unit. On the first go my unit got stuck on the steps and the drain but corrected itself both times within 15-20 seconds.

Happy with the Dolphin and the dealer.

Did you getting the M or S series?

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know about this unit?

Dolphin Triton Plus with PowerStream Technology

Is it the exact same as the s300i or active 30i? Or what is different? If it is the same why is it cheaper?

I ordered the S300i as I had originally set out. The link you provided looks a lot like the A30i/S300i (though I think they automatically comes with a caddy). It includes the mobile phone control so I don't think it's copying a lower model. Continued to be happy with my unit through the season but its hibernating in the garage now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.