Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Has anyone noticed any testing discrepancies when using the Taylor test tubes vs the ones that come with the TF-100? I finally got the SampleSizer and like it so much for the quickness and ease that I've ordered extra Taylor tubes to use for all my tests. One strange thing I noticed though, is when I compared how I used to measure using the regular tubes (carefully having the bottom of the meniscus sit on top of the black line) and then poured this amount into the Taylor vial, the sample measures visibly higher in the Taylor vial. It's enough that the SampleSizer displaces the water to have it then measure exactly on the Taylor line.

Was I filling the regular tube incorrectly? Is the meniscus supposed to sit on top of the line, in the middle, or below? It's a wider tube, so maybe if it's not supposed to sit on the top of the line this would account for the higher reading in the Taylor tube.

I do wonder, though, how much does this difference affect testing? It seems like a slightly larger water sample might give slightly higher readings? Since I'll be taking advantage of the SampleSizer for my future tests it's a moot point for me, but I am curious since it might make the difference between being within range for FC or unwittingly too low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.