Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Las Vegas area pool owners

1. Back To Top    #1

Angry Las Vegas area pool owners

Hope it's the right forum.

Since Nevada Pool Supply has been bought out by Leslie's, where can I pick up my chlorine and Acid. Today I went to buy these and was charged:

Chlorine 8.29 for 2 gallons. 1 box= (2)- 1 gallon containers
    Acid 12.99 for 2 gallons . " " " " " " "

I was shocked at the prices but it was needed since I just replastered my hot tub and ph has drifted rapidly higher daily and this was my only day available. I didn't realize NPS was sold. Not good.

Walmart was expensive too, like Leslie's price
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Las Vegas area pool owners

Check WalMart, Lowes, and Home Depot. If you go to Lowes/HD, double check the date on the chlorine (mine usually has a fresh pallet next to the really old pallet), and if you get MA, double check the strength, they have a bad habit of having half strength sitting there for the same cost as full strength. You want the 31.45%.

You don't need a pool store, just shop around a bit.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Las Vegas area pool owners

I hate pool stores but NPS always had 2 gallons of 10% on sale during the summer for less then 5.00 and the acid was very well priced. I'll look around some more.
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.