Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex magnetic LED pool wall lights

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex magnetic LED pool wall lights

Has anyone tried these,and is it possible to put them on a metal sided pool?
    28'x52" with7' deep end AG 2hp pump 3.1 sq ft sand filter 25500 gal,TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex magnetic LED pool wall lights

the work great, I am not sure about there use on a metal sided pool
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions

3. Back To Top    #3

They work great on my Intex, but I'd like to know the answer to this question too as we're about to upgrade this pool and I'd love to keep using this light.
    AGP 33' x 54" Lomart Verona, Approx. 27,300 gallons, Pentair cartridge filter/pump 2-speed, 1.5 hp, Dolphin Escape robotic cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

The light will not work on a metal sided pool. The two halves of the light are connected through magnets, also passing the electrical requirements.

Look at the first line in the description:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    Note: This product will only work on pools that do not have metal walls. It is used on above ground pools only.
    https://www.amazon.com/Intex-110-120.../dp/B002V1H13K

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

They are made to go on a thin walled vinyl pool. That being said, I usually just let mine free float in the pool with the lights facing down. I have 2 of them and it really lights up the pool well. When I had them on the walls, the LED's are bright enough to actually hurt your eyes. Float them face down, and it creates a nice effect. You just have to pull them out of the skimmer every now and then.
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by aboykin2269 View Post
    They are made to go on a thin walled vinyl pool. That being said, I usually just let mine free float in the pool with the lights facing down. I have 2 of them and it really lights up the pool well. When I had them on the walls, the LED's are bright enough to actually hurt your eyes. Float them face down, and it creates a nice effect. You just have to pull them out of the skimmer every now and then.
    You have a 110V plug in light free-floating in your pool??

I would not recommend anyone do that.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Please tell me those lights are battery powered.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    Not the ones I'm talking about (see link in my first post).

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    No I have them plugged in with a long extension cord. Of course they are battery powered. I thought they were asking about these:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remote-Con...Light/51995824
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by aboykin2269 View Post
    No I have them plugged in with a long extension cord. Of course they are battery powered. I thought they were asking about these:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remote-Con...Light/51995824
    Those are actually sold by GAME, not Intex, so there is the confusion.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by domct203 View Post
    Those are actually sold by GAME, not Intex, so there is the confusion.

Dom
    Bingo! Let's all be safe out there people. No 110 VAC extension cords floating in your pools!
    Ant

12. Back To Top    #12

Extension cords in the pool? What could go wrong?

I have one of these lights on the to buy list in the future. A friend told me they are junk and their kids flooded 3 of them in one summer. Since that is the only bad thing I have heard about them I really dont believe it.
    Intex AG metal frame vinyl sides 10,400 gal. 3000 gph intex pump with 16" sand filter
    My Slam

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by jasnovanorder View Post

I have one of these lights on the to buy list in the future. A friend told me they are junk and their kids flooded 3 of them in one summer. Since that is the only bad thing I have heard about them I really dont believe it.
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

14. Back To Top    #14

whoa NELLY!!! IS THAT PHOTO REAL?!?!

Darwin's finest!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

15. Back To Top    #15

We have one of these lights in our pool. Very nice and bright. We have one of the Roll Guard A-frame safety ladders the light is behind and it still lights up the entire pool nicely with no super bright spot.
    Bill (aka CR172) 16' x 48" (5300 gal) Intex Ultra Frame AGP, 2150 GPH 14" Intex sand filter/pump, Intex CS7110 SWG, Intex under water magnetic pool light, Hayward SP1091LX skimmer, Confer Roll guard safety ladder, TF-100 test kit w/ AquaCheck salt test strips.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by jasnovanorder View Post

Dude, that electrical strip is totally floating on those flip-flops! Looks fine to me.

But I can't believe they have glass bottles in the pool! WTH they thinking???
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten