Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fixed Jandy propane 400 LXi heater after flood

1. Back To Top    #1

Fixed Jandy propane 400 LXi heater after flood

Just want to pass on this fix on a Jandy Spa/Pool heater (400 LXi) after a flood where the heater sat in 5 inches of water.

About 2 months after the flood, I tried to start the heater for the first time, and it would not start, giving me an Ignition Lockout fault. After the electronics checked out okay, I finally decided to remove the gas manifold, since this was really the only part that was under water.

The manifold still had water it in (black gunky water). The manifold has 8 jets, with 3 very small orifices in each jet. About 90% of these small orifices were plugged. I unscrewed the jets, and cleaned out the orifices and the manifold.

I reassembled the jets into the manifold and reinstalled the manifold. The heater started up the first time and worked ever since.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Fixed Jandy propane 400 LXi heater after flood

Welcome to TFP and thanks for the info
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **