New inlet/outlet in intex 15x48 ultra frame questions

schlud

Jun 26, 2016
Sterling Heights
Ok, so.. I'm new.. so please bare with my newbie-ness..

I just installed the hayward in wall skimmer.... and WHEW.. that was intense, lol. But so rewarding when there was ZERO leaks. I now feel like I can conquer the world...

So on I go. I want to install the hayward eyeball that came with the skimmer. And I have a few questions. I don't really want to hard plumb right now. And would prefer to use the 1.5 intex hoses that I purchased. Since this is a 15 ft pool is has the 1.25 hose inlets. Right now I have the original suction holes closed off. The skimmer running on the 1.5 hose. And the return running on a 1.25 hose with the original dinky outlet nozzle which I hate...

Here's what I would like to do.
1. Cut return to fit hayward eyeball, but I need to know what I need to hook it to a intex 1.5 hose. And the intex plunger. Or, I wouldn't be opposed to the ball valve I've seen people use. ( I found them at Lowe's, and they seemed really heavy? Are those not the same? ) I would need to know the parts needed to do that?

2. I, think, making one of the original suction inlets may help draw the water to the skimmer more, so, I'm open to that. It's a 1.25 opening.. how would I make that tie into the skimmer connection? And be able to close 1 off if I decided I needed more suction from the skimmer?

3. I have the intex robot, and love it. So, I need to know what I would need to rig up to get that to connect to the intex eyeball. OR, use the other former suction port as a designated vacuum port. This vac doesn't work on suction, it works on the return end, for those who aren't aware. I was suprised at this, but it really works awesome... I just need to figure it all out. And I think I get a plan, then I go look at the pool, and draw a blank. Lol

Please help!

I also think I have to create a "signature"? But haven't yet, so... my pool details are as follows.

15x48 intex ultra frame
2500 gal per hour intex filter
Swg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP! I have the same pool just older model with only one suction side inlet. When I converted to SWG and sand filter I had to cut the old inlet / outlets out for the new returns and inlets. You should have no problem adapting the intex hose to the Hyaward eyeball. All I had to do was find an extra flat gasket to put in between the plunger and eyeball. I think I found them at Home Depot or it might of been a flat gasket from Intex. The only thing that might get tricky would be using your intex robot, you would have to use just the hose from the plunger valve if there are no adapters that would work for the Hayward eyeball. Or you might be able to make an adapter. Good luck and post some pics when you get it figured out.

I have almost the same setup as you, Hayward skimmer and eyeball, Intex robot. Here's what I did to run the robot. He's hooked up to the hose going over the side, and with the valves I can run him and the regular return at the same time. Just a few bucks worth of PVC.

WP_20160417_18_12_34_Pro_zpscsevv5sq.jpg

does the "SMALL" end of the adaptor screw into the hayward fitting? I bought the hayward inlet but it is too short and wont let me tighten my plunger fully to make a water tight connection. I am wondering if the small end of the adaptor screws inside the hayward inlet so i can extend it and fully connect my plunger.

I have a 15X48 intex pool and I am installing a sand filter that has the larger connectors and hoses so I am cutting the small ones out and putting in larger fittings to connect to the plungers.

Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.