Hello from Wild Wonderful WV

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
:wave: I'm from a small town 20 minutes south of Morgantown, called Fairmont. Ya'll probably never heard of it, except maybe that it is the birthplace of "America's Sweetheart" Mary Lou Retton...lol.

All my life I've lived within the city limits and it was nearly impossible to get a permit to put up a pool. So two years ago, we bought a house just outside the city limits and what was the first thing we did? Yep, you guessed it. I've seen some of your pictures of your beautiful pools and it kind of puts my little above ground to shame, but it's all we really need and I'm just excited to have it. We put a fairly large deck on it this year and next year I will landscape around it, baby steps...lol

I stumbled across this site while researching how to get rid of my baquicil pool water. It was a season and a half of misery. I've ordered the TF-100 and it's due to be here today so I can finish up my conversion. So a quick shout out to Jason Lion and Duraleigh and anyone one else who helped answer my questions during my conversion. I COULDN'T be happier with the results!

I've pretty much read every topic on this forum for the past few weeks and am amazed at how friendly and helpful everyone is, so I definately know where to come with any more questions I might have.

So for now, I'm taking what I've learned in "pool school" and maybe this summer, I will actually ENJOY my pool instead of fighting with it everyday...lol, but again just wanted to say thanks for this great site and all the wonderful, helpful people here :-D

pepsiholic said:
I've seen some of your pictures of your beautiful pools and it kind of puts my little above ground to shame, but it's all we really need and I'm just excited to have it. We put a fairly large deck on it this year and next year I will landscape around it, baby steps...lol

I expect more fun is had on average in AG pools than the fancy designer pools, so enjoy it. The water feels the same, the rest is just decoration. Glad you found us.

Welcome to TFP! We're glad you found us!

Congratulations on making the step towards conversion from baquacil. You have spent enough time fighting with your water balance and now it is time for you to enjoy your pool instead of worrying about it. :goodjob:

Hello! :wave: Good to see another "mountaineer" on this site! It's a great place! I know where Farimont is, because I grew up just down the road in Buckhannon. Have since made the move over to the panhandle in Martinsburg, but I was down your way just recently. (Really enjoyed the roadwork. LOL) Anyway, these folks really know their stuff, and are always here to help. Happy swimming!

Welcome to TFP!!

Not only have I heard of Fairmont, I've been there a few times :-D Back in 84 - 85, I lived with my brother in Wheeling and one of his fraternity brothers lived in Fairmont, so we'd occasionally spend the weekend down there drinking at the Wooden Nickel (I think that's what it was called)

Glad you're here and finally have your pool and that it's now trouble free 8)

How 'bout them 'Eers? :party:

Gosh, it IS a small world...lol

Yeah dlduvall, those new roads they are building are affectionately around here called the "Roads to nowhwere" because nobody seems to know why they are being built and they lead virtually nowhere that you can't already get to..lol..taxpuyers money hard at work I guess. All it does right now is tie up traffic terribly, luckily I hardly ever have to go that direction.

WASTE, I remember the Nickle, was it the one on campus? If so, it's still there. Yup, I'm a big Mountaineers fan. I watch all th football and basketball games..lol...I always tell my daughter not to ask me to take her anywhere during the games, luckily she will have her license in another month or so :-D.

Everyone take care, I've spent all day waterproofing my deck and I'm beat so you all have a great evening :wave: