Jandy Aquapure Service Code 120

spozz

Jul 11, 2016
Houston, TX
Hi, everyone,

I have the Jandy
APUREM Power Center and the new 3-port PLC1400 cylindrical salt cell. The Power center is intermittently saying Service with error code 120. I found the troubleshooting guide but have been unable to definitively diagnose the problem. Here are the details:

1) PIB board was replaced in October 2014 (about 1.75 years ago and problem really started about 6 months ago when PIB was 1.25 years old).
2) The cell is from 2011 (before I owned the house). Pool is only 8,000 gallons so typically runs at 30-40% for 10 hours/day year-around.
3) I measured the voltage at all of the test points and they are within spec, except the ones below:

Voltage at Cell: 35.8 VDC

PIB
------------
Cell Connection Points: 36.2 VDC ***
120 mVDC Test Points: 120 mVDC

I put *** next to the Cell Connection Points readings because I was not able to figure out where the "test points" are on the PIB for the cell connection points, so I tested by shoving the probes into the top of the plugs that, in turn, are plugged into the PIB (so that the probes were touching the wire inside the plug).

Here are my questions:

A) Does anyone know where the actual "test points" are on the PIB for the cell connection points? On the "green" side, there seems to be a little opening on the bottom left of the plug that also allows me to shove in the probe and get a reading (the same one I get when I shove the probe into the top of the plug). Is that the test point? I was not able to find a similar point on the "black & white" side, but it is difficult to move a probe around in there because space is tight. I also tried to pull on the plugs a little, so I could shove the probes under them, but I was not able to get them to move.

B) Given the above results, I would think the problem is the PIB since the out of spec readings trace all the way back to the PIB; however, I recognize that the PIB is relatively new and the cell is relatively old. What do you all think? Is there any way for a bad cell to be causing bad readings at the PIB? Or is it definitely the PIB?

Thanks,
Sergio

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.