Low Flow alarm on pool pilot - what can be done?

Richard_S

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
SW France
I am having problems with low flow alarm on my chlorinator. The pump is a vari speed and am having to run it at near full speed to stop the low flow alarm kicking in on Chlorinator.

I have full return flow going into chlorinator, I have back washed sand filter, checked all filter baskets ( all clean), checked the inline mesh filter to pool pilot but if I run the pump at anything less than 90% the low flow indicator comes on. In the past I was able to run at much slower speeds without issue.

Can anyone help suggest what might be wrong? Could the pump actually be loosing pumping ability? It's only 3 seasons old. Might the sensor on the pool pilot be broken? Any suggestions greatly received.

Re: Help with chlorinator flow alarm

What is the filter pressure?

Is there any way that water might be bypassing the SWG?

Are you getting good flow out of the returns?

filter pressure is now in the green - not sure on the PSI but have done a backwash etc to see if that would help. Returns both flowing out normally (as in no discernible pressure drop when i put my hand in front of them from any other time)...

the only way for it to bypass SWG would be for either one of the valves - a bypass valve - no longer closing fully, or the pressure bypass of the pool pilot but this would show water running through, which it doesn't.

It's a mystery!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.