Hard time with algae this year

Jul 7, 2016
Ogdensburg
Hi , thanks for having me , I have a 27' round above ground pool , just installed a Hayward cl-220 , I have a sand filter on this pool. The first 2 years was fine then all the sudden this year it eats chlorine like its the things job and for some reason it just doesn't keep the algae away . I got a to-100 in the mail today that I ordered so I was hoping someone can tell me what's need to do , thanks in advance . Ph- 8.2
Fc - 2.0
Cc - 1
Tc - 3.0
Ta - 240
CYA - filled to the top of the black dot tube and can still barely see the dot . So maybe 10 for cya ?

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

We won't tell you but we'll teach you.....that's even better!!

Before all that learning begins, we'll want you to....

1. Lower your pH down to around 7.4 and read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. Then read PoolMath to calculate your dosage.....put it in at the first opportunity...like tomorrow. Use muriatic acid.

2, Using PoolMath dose enough CYA to get your pool to 30 ppm (assume you have zero, please)Lower pH down to 7.5 by adding muriatic acid. Put it in 15 minutes or so after you add the CYA

3. Add (use PoolMath) enough Clorox bleach to elevate your chlorine by 4 ppm.

4. Read the SLAM article in Pool School and be prepared (once you understand the above) to SLAM your pool. You will also SLAM the pool with Clorox.....not the SWG.

Tell us what your water looks like?

Good job getting the kit. Your understanding of what we teach will soon be crystal clear and your pool will be back in great shape.....promise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.