Help plumbing in a 1 1/2" water line to supply newly added slide

Jul 10, 2016
Dallas, TX
We are adding an SR Smith Turbo Twister slide which calls for up to 25 gallons per minute of water. Here is a picture below of my pool equipment and I have a few questions about where to plumb in the the line

IMG_1810.jpg

1. If I add my 2" to 1 1/2" T fitting to the straight horizontal pipe (filter discharge) and then add a manual neverlube Jandy valve to turn on and off the slide will I have any problems with decreasing the flow into the heater too much and have any flow sensor issues where my heater won't turn on whenever the slide is drawing water?

2. If I add the 2" to 1 1/2" T fitting to the vertical pipe (heater discharge) before the automatic chlorinator, will it get enough water pressure to the slide? Gravity pushes water down and my concern would be that I either wouldn't get enough water pressure exiting to the right?

If I add the slide valve in either of these locations do you guys think that I may not get enough chlorine to the pool since it would be pulling all the water pre-chlorinator? We will probably just turn on the slide when we are in the pool using it.

I was going to add a T to the existing return line but it is too tight without essentially cutting out all of the valves and redoing it all and that is a major PITA!

Thanks,

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.