Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: building cover over pump and filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Jasper, TN

building cover over pump and filter

By reading through various posts, I have seen a lot of people's setups, especially for AGP since that's what I have and have been reading about. I see lots of people building covers over the pump and filter.

Why? Aren't pool pumps weather proof already?
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: building cover over pump and filter

Yes, to some extent but as with anything mechanical they simply last longer and operate better when protected from the elements, dust, grime, nesting insects, splashout that might reach it and rain or even hail (splashout especially if you have a salt pool) - they also look tidier if they have an enclosure. Enclosures need to have proper circulation.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!