3D Printed Pool Parts

Aug 11, 2012
New York
Reactions: SunkissedByTheSea
This is brilliant! I never thought about this, but admittedly didn't think 3D printers were that accessible as of yet. Where do you get the plastic from, and is it very difficult to design things?

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Nah, I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants. The plastic comes in spools of filament and you can get it from Makergeeks.com (my personal favorite), Amazon, Micro Center, and many many other stores.

Designing things as 3D models that can be printed can be surprisingly easy especially if you can find something online that you can modify or combine with other things to make what you want. OTOH if you need a unique complex part you'll need some skills with a program such as Solidworks, AutoCAD Fusion or the like.

The good thing is there are huge amounts of info & tutorials online and many forums to learn from if you want to get your feet wet.

Last edited:
A few months ago I splurged on a 3D printer and have been using it to make replacement parts for the pool & yard (and anything else I can think of). Here are a couple of things I've made so far. These are all available free for download if you want to make them too.

Pool Pole Friction Ring
Hayward Super Pump Drain Plug p/n SPX1700FG
Diving Board Nut Cover
Shower Hose to Garden Spigot adapter

How durable are those parts? Most of the 3d printed samples I've encountered are not especially strong.

Just a Note:
Ever since I purchased a Ultimaker 2 3D printer and figured out how to daraw in OpenSCAD I have made several parts for the pool. The ones most interesting hear might be:
Replcement gear for track drive of ZodiacMX8 pool cleaner
Enclosure for dedicated RPi Aqualink Control Web Interface
The .Stl files for these can be found on YouMagine.com under my ID - 1-prop-head

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.