Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: EasyTouch Programing.

1. Back To Top    #1

EasyTouch Programing.

I looking for some programming help with the Easy Touch Panel. I would like to run pump at say 2500 rpm for so many hours while also powering Intellichor. Then run at say 1400 rpm for another 6 hours also running Intellichlor. I have a Intellflo pump with the correct speeds entered. Intellichlor is wired to the pump relay. I can get the chlorinator to run on the pool circuit but can't seem to get it to run on the other circuits or functions. I am guessing it not activating the relay Inteelichlor is connected to.
    This is the only thing easytouch is used for, no spa, heater, solar or lights used.
    Thanks
    Tim
    12,000 gal Free Form gunite/plaster pool, Sta-rite Cartridge Filter, Pentair Easytouch, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair IC40 Intellichlor

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: EasyTouch Programing.

Are you programming the pump with your schedule or programming the EasyTouch?

In my system, the pumps don't need relays, as they are controlled by the EasyTouch panel via the serial cable. What purpose does the relay serve on your system?
    Paul

15,000 Freeform IG/Spa, Gemstone Desert Coral, 2x IntellifloXF, EasyTouch, Sta-Rite DES 60, RayPak Versa Millivolt (399K)

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The POOL circuit needs to be scheduled for the entire runtime that you want the SWG to run. If 1400 RPM is your lowest speed, I'd suggest setting the POOL circuit to that speed. Next create a feature Circuit - call it POOL HIGH - and set the speed to 2500 RPM.

Set the schedule for the timeframe you'd like it to run:

POOL - 10:00AM-08:00PM
    POOL HIGH - 02:00PM-08:00PM

By overlapping the schedules you get the SWG powered on the entire time and still have the flexibility to have various speeds throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo60 View Post
    Are you programming the pump with your schedule or programming the EasyTouch?

In my system, the pumps don't need relays, as they are controlled by the EasyTouch panel via the serial cable. What purpose does the relay serve on your system?
    The relay should serve as the power source for the SWG so that it is not possible for the SWG to be on when the pump is off. Wiring it any differently solely relies on the flow switch which was intended to be a safety backup, not a primary switch.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

4. Back To Top    #4

Brian,
    Ok, I believe I understand just create 2 overlapping schedules. The Pool Circuit basically keeps SWG relay on entire time. Pump switches speeds at feature schedule.

Thanks
    I will give it a try.
    12,000 gal Free Form gunite/plaster pool, Sta-rite Cartridge Filter, Pentair Easytouch, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair IC40 Intellichlor

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Correct. The "F" relay (POOL) was used to power the SWG and the pool pump but now since the VS pump receive constant power and communicates through a serial cable, the only thing the relay needs to control now is the SWG and a heater (if installed).

You don't have any pool lights?
    -Brian-
    POOL BUILD

6. Back To Top    #6

Brian is correct. I have my "pool" circuit at my lowest RPM setting and overlap another higher rpm "schedule" on top of it for occasional high speed skimming. That way the SWG is always on.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I like Brian's idea best, but you could also wire the Intellichlor to an open relay (if you have one), name it chlorinator, and set its schedule to your full pump run time.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

8. Back To Top    #8

Brian,
    Programmed your method and all seems well. Yes, I have pool light but it's currently controlled by a switch inside house. I will move light circuit over to Easytouch panel soon. Just had to get replacement pump and panel up and running first.

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Glad it worked out!
    -Brian-
    POOL BUILD