Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: On Vacation and...

1. Back To Top    #1

On Vacation and...

So we're at the beach and all I can think about is I wish I brought my test kit. Always curious about the water I'm in. My wife hates to even think about a pool other than ours. Spending most of the time at the beach, but our youngest still likes to hit the pool. I'm a certified pool snob.

SCon36

24,000 Gallon IG vinyl pool (16x36x8) with Hayward S200 sand filter and Hayward pump and heat pump. Built August 2011. I use a Taylor K-2005 test kit with a K-1515 add on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgL...0MyAw&index=29

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: On Vacation and...

I'm going on vacation starting Friday and there are 3 pools I have the opportunity to use and I am for sure taking the FC, CC, pH and CYA test with me.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Was on away on vacation for 10 days and when we returned our pool was......well within limits. Thanks TFP. This isn't really as hard as I thought it was going to be.
    9000 gal, Florida Gem finish, Jandy (2 hp one speed pump, 340CV Cart. filter, SWG), AuquCal Heatwave heater/ chiller, water fall spa, coral stone decking.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, us too. We're in Destin swimming in my bro's pool serviced trichlor puckified pool. Eyes are still burning from a big watergun war yesterday.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

"pool serviced trichlor puckified pool" You are too funny
    18 by 36 in ground vinyl liner pool, hayward sand filter and pump, 22,000 gallons, TF-100 test kit with speed stir (I highly recommend the speed stir), Dolphin S-300

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm in Ft Walton Beach. Headed to PCB for the evening for Pineapple Willy's and the Gran Maze.

SCon36

24,000 Gallon IG vinyl pool (16x36x8) with Hayward S200 sand filter and Hayward pump and heat pump. Built August 2011. I use a Taylor K-2005 test kit with a K-1515 add on.

7. Back To Top    #7

Well hello you two FL visitors! How are you liking our daily afternoon thunderstorms??

Use LOTS of sunscreen and take lots of pics!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

"trichlor puckified pool" now that's one I have to remember! Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Psst Kim- maybe we need to have a Vacation thread
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

9. Back To Top    #9

We have dodged the thunderstorms so far. They have got very close, but have not directly hit. So far a very enjoyable vacation after a three year absence.

SCon36