Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool store antics... Caught in their own lies

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool store antics... Caught in their own lies

Well, I took the stuff back, got about 200 back from them... they wouldn't take the algaecide back because they couldn't trust where I had it stored. The pool guys who sold it to me said the garage was fine. I even said, well its still going to be cold for a bit, so its ok. they said yes. i didn't listen and put it in the basement all this time... so i called them out on those lies saying, so if i listened to them it would be ruined now... no answer from the lady.

So needless to say... I am done with them, and got some money back... she was like you haven't put this stuff in it.. .i said, i haven't needed it... so i saw this sitting around going, that is a lot of money doing nothing..

Went to another pool store who had parts, but they have no clue what I needed for my light, but saw they had bleach for 6 bucks a gallon for 12.5% I said, wonderful, and walked out...

3 kids helping and looked like i shocked them with needing a freaking nut to hold my light together..

So I am glad I did it... mo money for bleach and a donation to here. and to pay back for all the issues i had to fix from listening to them...

Lady was there buying burnout and mineral stuff for her pool... old lady at the other place bringing a water sample...

And the cycle continues...
    IG, 25k gallons, 20x40 ft, Plaster, Pentair sand filter, variable speed pump, have a well, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool store antics... Caught in their own lies

If the Algecide is unopened you could try selling it on ebay. just list it as new and sealed/stored in a cool environment.

I had to sell some yellow out I never needed to use.

It is amusing at the very least to hear the chat between pool owners and pool store staff.

I only go there for test refills on the rare occasion I cannot wait for shipping.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

I went in for some liquid CYA and some new pool noodles yesterday, it's amazing the prices there. Some people were buying auto pool cleaners they could have just ordered online for way less money.
    AGP 33' x 54" Lomart Verona, Approx. 27,300 gallons, Pentair cartridge filter/pump 2-speed, 1.5 hp, Dolphin Escape robotic cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

I am willing to pay a small premium for a local store and the knowledge that they have. The trouble with most local stores in this industry, is the lack of knowledge.....
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by chipchip View Post
    I went in for some liquid CYA and some new pool noodles yesterday, it's amazing the prices there. Some people were buying auto pool cleaners they could have just ordered online for way less money.
    I fought them on price over my pool cleaner and won Said I could pay 400 less online... That is a lot of money to save... so they let me have it for that price And I really meant it when I said. I would rather buy it from you...

(didn't say this part) Cause I own my own store too.. I just don't lie to stay in business... or am not misinformed. however you want to put it that they are... a mix is my best guess...
    IG, 25k gallons, 20x40 ft, Plaster, Pentair sand filter, variable speed pump, have a well, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Awesome job. I usually get tires this way - they give it to me for the online price plus the shipping cost. I usually save a few hundred dollars doing this.

Often, a company will be happy to make some profit on a unit rather than not sell the unit at all - it never hurts to ask.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D